My England XI vs USA

My England eleven for their opening World Cup game against USA would be:

David James, John Terry, Ledley King, Glen Johnson, Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Aaron Lennon, Wayne Rooney, Peter Crouch

I’ve gone for Crouch over Heskey simply because Crouch gets more goals.

What do you think?
Have your say in the comments.

14 Responses to “My England XI vs USA”

1. john_the_lad says:

i agree with 10 of your 11.
    I would replace david james with robert green, i would have replaced frank lampard with gareth barry (but he’s injured)
    i think that green is a better keeper than james, he’s proved it last season and i think he can do a better job in the world cup.
    And for the reason of dropping lampard for barry is simple, lampard does not give 100% for england!
    barry can give the back four that confidence of defensive cover in the midfield

2. Bandy says:

Now Slav, same starting eleven for me aswell and I would be inclined to go with five across for games against tougher opposition, where ii is paramount that we keep the ball and play a patient game. Should we go five then I think Barry will come in and Crouch or Heskey would drop out leaving Rooney up top on his own.

I think the key is Joe Cole in any formation.

3. DomBorots5 says:

i do agree with the team but when barry is avalible he would be straight in and crouch straight out then put joe cole just behind rooney

4. Al Glasgow says:

I agree Crouch of Heskey…I want my strikers to score goals, thats why if he was fit I’d of took Michael Owen

5. newyddion says:

Aaron Lennon
    Gerrard
    Lampard
    Joe Cole
    Crouch
    Rooney

Its archies young un by the way

7. big archie says:

my england 11 benie is hart, a cole, terry, king, johnson, lamparg, gerard. j cole, wright phillips, crouch and rooney, all the best with the new site, big archie

8. bernieslaven says:

hi john
    ive never been a fan of david james, ive simply selected him because of his vast experience, hes been involved in all the big tournaments and to be fair to him hes put in some terrific performances for struggling portsmouth, maybe cappello will toss a coin before the u s a game and green might start.
    P s congratulations john first on my site ,will send u something please leave your contact details in the contact us section below.

9. bernieslaven says:

BANDY – ITS A LONG TIME SINCE YOUVE AGREED WITH ME.

dom- not a bad idea.

al- heskey and crouch could not lace the boots of a fit in form michael owen.

newy- rooney up front on his own its u s a englands playing not spain.

Josh- Interesting to see you going for the least experianced goal keeper .

Archie – Lookin at your line up Archie, you could be the next England manager Ha Ha!

10. Al Glasgow says:

`Point proven over Heskey one on one and he hits it straight at Howard

11. bernieslaven says:

Al – On the night Heskey was arguably the one of the best England players on show.But Again his weakness were exposed in front of goal.If the opportunity would have fell to Rooney England would be top of the group.

12. Al Glasgow says:

agreed. I thought he played well, his awerness of Gerrards run for the goal was great but I want my strikers to score, which he fails to do…. when he went through one on one I wasn’t the slightest bit confident in him

13. Al Glasgow says:

Do you think Green will be dropped for the next game??

14. Bandy says:

I would drop him but I think Capello will stick with him. He seems to have identified him as his Number One so really he has no choice, because I dont believe he fancies James at all. However I think James’s experience is vital.

I also think it is ridiculous, if true, that the keepers dont know until two hours prior to kick-off that they are are playing or not. How can a keeper mentally prepare in two hours and develop a long term understanding with a back four. It’s no wonder we ship outrageous goals.